Cloud accounting is safer and better for business
Technology has brought an exponential growth in the way we do our everyday things now. Technology is no more about keeping us connected to our friends and family, it has grown beyond that. New businesses have emerged with internet and the existing ones have used it for efficiency. Cloud- based systems are the talk of the town. Similarly, cloud accounting is the new best thing to do.
What is that the traditional database accounting lacks??
- When you use traditional database accounting, your data is stored on a single device. You do not have an access to it from just anywhere, but that only device. Therefore, accessibility is a short-coming. When your business grows and spreads large, this becomes an obstacle in smooth working.
- Also, when you have only on copy of your data, chances are that it may be lost. Lets say your system was infected with virus; you lose your data in one go. And, you cant afford losing your financial data. Of course, one can always get a copy somewhere, but you would have to be doing that every-time.
How would cloud accounting help you?
Lets begin with understanding what cloud computing, cloud accounting is and how does it work.
- Cloud computing is an IT model that provides a widespread access to all the adaptable systems and higher-level of services over the internet.
- Cloud accounting is when the accounting software is the set-up on cloud and provides services over the internet.
- When user enters the data, it is sent to “the cloud”, which is returned to the user after being processed there.
- Moreover, this data can be accessed through any internet enabled device connected to the cloud.
Benefits of using cloud accounting are:
- It resolves the issue of accessibility. One can gets the ease to access to cloud anywhere via the internet. So don’t have to reach that one device where you can perform your accounting activities.
- It can enable multiple users to login and perform the accounting activities. The owner can define roles of each of the team-member. You might enable your salesman to prepare invoice and only check the stocks in hand, while your accountant gets access to the financial reports.
- Cloud accounting software is cost effective compared to an offline database accounting software.
- The data is no more stored at just one place and you always have a copy saved on the cloud. Hence, back-up is assured
- Cloud accounting provides real-time financial data every single time you get access to it. This helps in making better business decisions based on the updated information.
Although, cloud accounting seems the better option for safety of your business accounting, it won’t be without an appropriate cloud-based accounting software
Cautions to take while choosing a cloud accounting software:
- Data Backup:- One has know how frequent the accounting software takes the back-up of the user data. User may configure the time-period between two data back-ups, which will ensure that his data isn’t lost
- Data theft & Data hacking:- Again one has to be through with the accounting software provider and their methods related to data security. Cloud based accounting software should have a SSL Certificate(an SSL Certificate is identified by a https connection in the WebsiteAddress. Certificate details are also available here) An accounting software should have Multi-Layer security & Data Encryption techniques implemented
Having said that, cloud accounting gets better with Zybra. Zybra is a cloud based accounting software and the reason it can be better alternative over others is:
- Zybra takes a backup of your data every two hours by default.
- Also, Zybra uses Bank Grade Security and 256-bit encryption that are at par with industry accepted standards. Even if someone hacks the data, Zybra encrypts it in a way; that they cannot decode it without your email and passwords.
Zybra Accounting Software is trusted by more than 2000 Business Owners & 100+ Chartered Accountants, And its growing strongly! To get a free trial, Signup today.
- Posted on Jun 15, 2018
- By Leena Bhagchandani
- 0 Comments