GST Registration Online & Download GST Certificate – all you need to know
- Posted on Jan 25, 2021
- By Rishika
This blog covers all the important points related to GST, including GST Registration Online, Download GST Certificate, documents required for gst registration and more.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a type of indirect tax which is levied on the supply of goods and services. There are five different tax slabs in which goods and services are divided, for collection of tax – 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. However, products like petroleum products, alcoholic drinks, and electricity are not taxed under GST and instead they are taxed separately by the individual state governments, according to the previous tax system. This system came into effect from 1 July 2017 through the implementation of the One Hundred and First Amendment of the Constitution of India by the Indian government. The existing multiple taxes levied by the central and state government of Indian was replaced by GST.
The Indian Government has come up with the GST reforms which will benefit the business owners. There are certain steps to be followed for completing the GST registration online process. The process of GST registration under the new GST rules can be accessed through an online portal that is maintained by the Central Government of India.
Where to apply for the GST registration Online?
The latest modification in the Indian taxation system, GST or Goods and Service Tax, is to be implemented on the supply of goods and services. The registration process of GST is completely online in India, one can easily do GST registration online and ensure the seamless running of the business. Visit https://reg.gst.gov.in/registration for GST Registration. The entire process of GST registration takes between 3-7 working days. There are few simple steps to follow through which the GST registration will be completed.
According to the GST rule, it is necessary for a business offering sale of goods with a turnover of Rs. 40 lakhs or more than that to register as a normal taxable entity. And, a Service Provider with an annual turnover of more than Rs.20 lakhs is required to register for the GST.
The amount is Rs. 10 lakh for businesses that are present in hill states and North-East states. However, businesses that are running without GST are considered illegal entities and are liable for penalties.
Steps for GST registration Online
The following steps are to be followed for the registration process of GST:
- Go to official GST portal
- Go to registration tab under the Service tab then click to New registration
- Select option ‘taxpayer’ from the drop-down menu of ‘I am a’
- Next step is to fill the form GST REG-01 for new registration and enter the required details such as the legal name of your business or company, state, mobile number, email address, and PAN card details.
- Next step is to verify your information that was filled by you by entering the one-time password sent to your provided mobile phone number and email ID, and then click on ‘Proceed’.
- When you have completed the process and move to Part 2, you will receive a Temporary Reference Number (TRN), after the verification process is completed. Please note down this number safely, for future use if needed.
GST Registration Online – PART 2
- To begin with part 2, login using your TRN and fill out the CAPTCHA code that appears on the screen. Complete the OTP verification with the OTPs sent to your registered email id and mobile phone number. You will then be redirected to the GST registration page.
- Now, fill all the information related to your business such as the name of your company, PAN, name of the state in which you are registering your company and date of commencement of your business. Here, you have to also provide information about existing registrations if any.
- Now, submit details of at least 10 promoters or partners of your business. For proprietorship firm, submit the necessary details of the proprietor. You will have to provide with all the personal details, designation, DIN (Director Identification Number), PAN and Aadhaar card number.
- Next step is to submit the details of the person whom you have authorized to file GST returns.
- Later add the principal place of your business, fill out the address, official details of contact and nature of possession of premises.
- Add details of additional places of your business, if any, details of goods and services that are to be supplied, and the account details of the bank in which your company has its account.
- Now, upload the required documents based on the type of business you are registering for.
- Now click on ‘Save and continue’ tab. Once the application is submitted, next your digital signature is required for completion of the process.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to save your details.
- After submission, you will receive an Application Reference Number (ARN) via email or SMS to confirm your registration.
Documents Required for GST Registration
The following documents are required for a successful GST registration online:
- Bank statement of the applicant along with a cancelled cheque
- PAN card of the applicant
- Aadhar card number
- Date of incorporation certificate
- Director’s address proof and ID proof
- Business address proof
- Letter of an Authorization or Board Resolution should be with the authorized signatory
Advantages of GST Registration
The GST Registration will have the following advantages to a taxpayer:
- There will be a legal recognition for the taxpayer as a supplier of goods or services.
- He would be legally authorized for collecting tax from his customers and pass on the credit of the taxes that are paid on the goods or services supplied to the customers.
- Input tax credit of taxes could be claimed by him that is paid on his purchases and can utilize the same for payment of taxes that are due on the supply of goods or services.
- Smooth flow of Input tax credit from the suppliers to recipients at the national level
Where to check GST Registration Status?
After the registration process is completed an Application Reference Number (ARN) will be provided to you. It takes around 3 to 7 days to process a GST registration application so if you want to know about the GST registration status, it can be checked online on the GST Portal.
Below given few steps that you can follow to check your status
- Go to GST portal
- Click on ‘services’ tab then go to ‘registration’ and then to ‘track application status’
- Enter the ARN that was provided earlier, then enter the Captcha code and click on ‘search’
Now you will be able to see your status of the GST registration process.
How to download GST certificate?
Once you have applied for the GST registration online you will be issued a GST registration certificate. It will contain the GSTIN of the taxpayer along with other details of your business. You can easily download GST certificate from the GST portal. Given below are a few steps that can help you with downloading the certificate.
- Login to the GST Portal
- Click on ‘Services’ > ‘User Services’ > ‘View/ Download Certificate.
- Click on the ‘Download’ tab
Note that It generally takes 3 to 7 days to get the GST number if the form and documents are correctly filed.
If you need help with GST Registration Contact our GST Expert Team now!
- Posted on Jan 25, 2021
- By Rishika
- 0 Comments
Leave a Reply