8 Disadvantages of using Offline Accounting & ERP Systems
Software makes life easier as hours of work is done in minutes. Offline Accounting & ERP systems have changed the way Businesses are being done. But all the software system come with their own drawbacks & issues. Which may affect the businesses in small or large scale.
Here are top 8 disadvantages of existing systems which may help you to make a better decision.
- Costly – The installation charges of an offline accounting or an ERP system is costly. And ERP consultants are very expensive and take upto 60 % of the budget.
- Skilled workforce – If the company has employees who are well versed with the software then it is successful for the company otherwise it might be a failure or might add to the costs for training the employees in acquiring the skills.
- Coordination among team members – Many a time’s employees from different departments are apprehensive about sharing information of their department. In this case then the ERP software can be failure as there is lack of complete information.
- Risk of losing data – Since the data is saved in the computer without any backup, if by chance the PC fails the data would be lost.
- Size – Not all size of organizations can implement the ERP because it being an expensive software.
- Low security – Since the password if set once and then if you lose it, the chances of losing the data is high. And if once the data is lost you will not be able to retrieve it.
- Low flexibility – These softwares are set with a default and if they have to be changed the whole configuration has to be altered, so the system cannot be put to use when altered and the old data will also be altered.
- Limited to a single branch – If a company has multiple branches the ERP system which is offline, cannot be a central software for all the branches. So there will be multiple softwares for all different branches.
With rapidly changing era, many solutions are coming up in the market. All softwares have their own pros & cons. Hence its very much required to do some research and make a better decision, while selecting any Software System for your Business.
- Posted on Mar 10, 2017
- By Deep Patel
- 6 Comments