GST Registrations Open – #GSTUpdates
Government Proposed Goods and Services tax (GST), is now round the corner. After the announcement on Sept 8 2016, GST implementation will start by April 1, 2017. And to gear up, the registrations for existing tax-payers have already started
Who all are liable to enroll?
Existing taxpayers are liable to enroll under GST system portal. An existing taxpayer is an entity registered with any of the authorities;
- Central Excise
- Service Tax
- State sales tax/VAT (except exclusive liquor dealers)
- Entry tax
- Luxury Tax
- Entertainment tax
Further enrollment here means validating the data of existing taxpayers and filing up the remaining key fields.
Following are the dates for each state
Here are few things required for GST
1. Provisional ID and password: You must have the provisional ID and password given to you by your concerned state authorities before going to GST Portal
You would need to contact your ward officer to complete the online pre-registration under GST.
2. Documents and information required:
- Provisional ID
- Valid email address (Your own email ID)
- Valid mobile number
- Bank account number
- IFSC code
Following documents need to be uploaded on the website:
- Proof of constitution of business:
- In case of partnership deed – partnership deed (PDF or JPEG in maximum file size of 1 MB).
- In case of others: registration certification of the business entity (PDF and JPEG format in maximum file size of 1 MB).
- Photograph of promoters/partners/Karta of HUF (JPEG format in maximum file size of 100 KB).
- Proof of appointment of authorised signatory (PDF and JPEG format in maximum size of 1 MB).
- Photograph of authorised signatory (JPEG format in maximum file size of 100 KB).
- Opening page of passbook/statement containing the following information:
- Bank account number
- Address of branch
- Address of account holder
- Few transaction details
(PDF and JPEG format in maximum file size of 1 MB).
3. Fill information and submit: After you submit the form with all the information and documents, an acknowledgement number will be generated. Save the number for future correspondences.
- What to do in case I have not received the ID and password?
In case you have not received the provisional ID and password, kindly contact your concerned authorities.
- Who can be primary authorised signatory?
A primary authorised signatory is the person who is primarily responsible to perform action on the GST System Portal on behalf of the taxpayer. All communication from the GST System Portal relating to taxpayer will be sent to him.
For example, in case of proprietor, the proprietor himself or any person authorised by him; in case of partnership, any of the partner authorised or any person authorised; in case of Company/LLP, Society, Trust, the person who is authorised by Board or Governing Body, etc., can act as primary authorised signatory. A copy of authorisation needs to be uploaded.
- Which details are prefilled in the enrolment application for enrolling with GST?
Following details are auto-populated in the enrolment application based on your existing data:
- PAN of the business
- Legal name of the business
- Reason of liability to obtain registration
- Email and mobile number
- Can I make changes in in my legal name, state name and PAN in the enrolment application?
You cannot make changes to legal name, state name and PAN as appearing in the enrolment application. These details have been migrated from existing tax systems of State or Center, as the case may be.
More FAQ on GST
- Posted on Dec 10, 2016
- By Deep Patel
- 0 Comments