15 Tips For small business to Generate Business Leads Through Local SEO
- Posted on Jan 12, 2021
- By Rishika
Small Business Owners in India have a huge scope to generate business leads through Local SEO. It is high time for the small business owners to go online (if not already) and start operating their business using search engine optimization. It will give them an edge over the other small businesses operating around their environment. This will help you to understand the factors which need focus and to modify and adapt accordingly.
If you are running a business which has a larger local audience, then it is necessary to optimize your website through the point of view of the local audience/customer, it will be helpful to generate business leads. Some tips to generate business leads described below which will keep your business website on top of the search engine results pages.
- Crisp description and title: First things first, it is very important to fit your marketing message in the given space. Title and description should promote your brand.
- Proper Citations: Citations are listings of your name, address, and phone number (NAP) on sites that aggregate business data. The top tools that can be used for the same are Yext and Moz Local.
- Consistency in NAP: Make sure that your business name, address and phone number follows the exact same format across all your pages of the websites. This will make it easier for the users to find information about your business across all the pages. Make sure the information is accurate as this can be vital for promotion of your small business and services to local customers.
- Creating Google my business (GMB) listing: One of the first steps to take if you want to rank in local searches is to set up a Google My Business (GMB) listing. GMB is very useful for the small business as well, by leveraging GMB you will have access to so many opportunities which are available around you. Example: Zybra GMB Listing
- Target local keywords: One of the basics of local SEO is targeting local keywords for generating leads for any small business. Local keywords are pretty self-explanatory, but you should still research longer tail local keywords for your small business. It will be really helpful in generate business leads and traffic too.
- Optimize Your Site With Local Keywords: Once you are done making a list of local keywords you want to rank for, the next step is to optimize your site with them. Firstly and importantly it should be made sure that the homepage of your website and any service page must contain the local keywords you want to rank for in the:
- Title tags
- Meta description
If you can, you should also try to incorporate your main local keyword into the URL when possible. When incorporating keywords, make sure that you use them naturally and do not keyword stuff.
- Create local content: Most content marketing strategies focus on non-local content. While this will help you to get a wider audience and higher traffic levels, if you are a locally focused business, this is not going to help you. If you want to maximize your content marketing efforts for enhanced lead generation, it’s important that you also create local content.
- Optimize for mobile: Making your website mobile-friendly is essential for good SEO. However, it’s specifically important for local SEO. If your site does not display well on mobile, or there are navigation issues, or it is not user friendly, this won’t look good to potential customers. They will likely move off your site and go with a competitor who’s online presence looks more professional. Another thing that matters is the speed. If your site takes more than a few seconds to load, users are not going to wait for it they will simply shut it. Therefore it is essential for you to optimize the speed of your web page.
- Invest time to build inbound links: Inbound links are an important ranking factor that can boost both traditional and local SEO. Many small businesses do not focus here, they ignore it or feel that they are not important as other factors but creating these links are significant and they can improve rankings.
- Manage your reviews: Having positive reviews are undoubtedly good for your small business reputation, and they can also boost your authority in Google’s eyes. On the other hand, bad reviews can negatively impact how Google displays your listing and site pages in search.
- Blogs: Try maintaining blogs about different topics and be regular in writing them. Give your content a local touch and keep it engaging if your target audience is just local people. Blogs are also informative in many terms so if anyone is looking to gather information about certain things maybe they can land on your website. Eg. Zybra Blogs
- Add a virtual tour: You can always go for a virtual tour, add it in your video section so that the audience gets a feel of your shop without being present there.
- Providing customer services: Do not forget to provide a follow up customer service. It will give the customers a sense of satisfaction and will build trust towards your business. You can have virtual call centers to solve any query. Make sure to make it available 24×7. It will help in building credibility for your business, which eventually leads to better Google listing.
- Great user interface: Make your website as user friendly as you can. See that it is quick to load; transitions are smooth with all the information present at the same time.
- Write about your customer’s experience of your product or services: It will build huge credibility for your website and the new customers can get an idea about your product and services.
These 15 tips should help the small business owners to get an insight about how to improve search engine ranking, generate business leads and bring more traffic to the website. This will also help them to focus on local SEO in order to generate leads. This can take time to bring everything in order and have a proper functioning but at the end success will be achieved if you remain effective and consistent. Starting with small steps will lead you and your business to achieve its vision.
- Posted on Jan 12, 2021
- By Rishika
- 0 Comments
Leave a Reply